The owners of e – commerce site, now has to adopt something dynamic and exceptional for their website, to reach on the top of search engines. Today, in the world of cut throat competition, it is not so easy to run an e – commerce business as it sounds. There is a dire need for the owners to spend some of their precious time on researching the perfect and powerful solution, so as to make their e – commerce site effective and successful. With the increasing market competition, it has become important for the business owners to make their e – commerce websites SEO friendly, to always stay one step ahead on web.
You need to consider the best solutions to make your e-commerce website highly effective and flexible. It doesn’t matter that whether you are running a complete shopping mall or a small online store. It is essential for both, to include SEO friendly features in their website. Some of them are listed below:
1) Choose a brand domain name: When you are choosing the domain name for your e – commerce website, then you should choose a simple domain name, so that it can easily be found by the users on the web. The e – commerce owners need to select a brand domain name. Some of the owners choose domain name on the basis of their keywords, with the view in mind that keyword rich domain name will provide them more success and good ranking in search engines. But after the Google’s EMD updates, it is not at all viable now.
2) Domain Hosting: Hosting of domain plays an important role, when it comes to develop an SEO friendly e – commerce site. You must ensure that domain doesn’t expire in a small time period as these domains are not considered as trustworthy. Therefore you must opt domain hosting for a long term. Targeted domain extension is considered as the best idea. For e.g. If you want to target your site in US then the extension you should use is – co. us.
3) SEO Friendly URL’s: The URL’s for e – commerce site must be keyword rich, as it affects the results in search engines. You can modify your URL’s for brand identification.
4) 301 Redirects: Your e – commerce website must have 301 redirects. These 301 redirects allow the users to redirect to new page. In other words, 301 redirect is a permanent redirect from one URL to another URL. In this way, you will not lose the visitors from deleted pages.
5) Canonicalization: The most common problem is canonicalization. It occurs when there are multiple pages and these pages have the same content but have different URL’s. The Google consider this as a duplicate content. Canonicalization indexes the content and ranks it which can easily be viewed with the help of different URLs.
6) SiteMap.xml: SiteMap.xml plays an important role in making your site crawlable effectively. It the list of all the pages present on your website. It is one of the simplest ways to give information to the search engines about all the pages on your website. There are basically two types of Site maps – Sitemap.xml and sitemap.html. Sitemap.xml is for search engines whereas the sitemap.html is for users to extract the information about all the pages on your website. The Google can easily index and crawl the pages without any obstacles.
7) W3C validation: W3c validator is a validator, which checks the markup validity of the pages on your website and then shows you all the errors, which your website has. You can clear or correct these mistakes and then search engines can easily crawl your site.
These above mentioned seven tips will boost SEO for any e – commerce website in search engine friendly ways.
Author Bio : I am Sabrina working with SEO RANK SMART, It is SEO Company based in India. We provide complete SEO Packages to our client at very affordable price to get good & positive ranking in search engines.